fredag 25 november 2016

Goodbye Nebbi

Last week I had to say goodbye to everybody in Nebbi. I left on Saturday morning and since then I have done a safari in Tanzania. On Monday morning I will go home to Sweden. The last thing me and Carol did before I left was to set up a blog for Action Aid Nebbi. Check it out: ActionAidNebbi.blogspot.com. Carol has written about her trip to Tanzania in the Kilimanjaro initiative for women's right to property and I have written about a public open air dialogue in Paidha. I really hope Carol and the rest of the Action Aid Nebbi team keeps updating the blog so I can read about their projects when I'm back in Sweden. 

My time in Uganda has been fantastic. I have had so much nice people around me. My host family, Matilda, Kyla, Israel, Blessing, Sonja and Hafsa, made me feel absolutely at home from start to finish. I feel so lucky I got to know you guys and I hope to see you in Sweden soon so I can return some of the hospitality. Moreover, Carol, Matilda (again) and Grace have been so generous to me, letting me take part in their work and providing me with so many interesting experiences. I've also had such a good time teaching at Nyacara Primary School. The students of my class has been amazing, putting up with my Swedish accent and taken a lot of active parts in the lessons. We have had a lot of fun together. Also, my fellow teachers, especially Harold, Dennis, Collins and Stephen, have been great hosts. My fellow volunteers Jonathan and Frederik reminded me to appreciate Uganda outside Nebbi and took me to Gulu, Kampala and even into Congo. The rest of the people at the office and the shelter, Alfred, Ismael, Samuel, Faith, Roy, Beatrice and Beatrice, all these people made my stay an absolute pleasure. 


The day before I left Nyacara Primary School organised a good bye event.


Students and teachers of the school posing together. Harold, who is the class teacher of P6 (my class) is in the white and gray striped shirt to the right.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar